- ISRO Research Fellowships, Research Associateships and Research Scientists hereinafter referred to as Fellowships/ Associateships/ Scientists are awarded for specific projects or Education/Research Schemes approved by ISRO.Change of level of Research Fellow, subsequent to the approval of the project will not be permitted.
- The recipients of these Fellowships/ Associateships /Scientists are expected to conduct research work whole time under the Principal Investigator of the ISRO sponsored project. In special cases of individual Research Fellows/Associates, the candidates could be governed by the conditions of Research work as specified by the projects/ programmes/ schemes for which the Fellowships have been offered by ISRO.
- ISRO may nominate a member in the committee(s) appointed by the institution in connection with the approved project.
- The Fellows/ Associates/ Scientists, appointed for ISRO project, shall not be transferred from one institution to another.
- The award of ISRO Fellowships/Associateships/ Scientists does not imply any assurance or guarantee by or from ISRO or any kind of employment to the beneficiaries.
- Generally the upper limit for the period of Fellowships/ Associateships/ Scientists will be the same as that of the project. However, in exceptional cases, mainly to enable the Fellow to complete all formalities required for submission of doctoral thesis, ISRO may consider extension of the fellowship purely based on the merit on case by case basis. However, such extensions cannot be claimed as right by either fellow or PI.
- Monthly emoluments of the Fellowships/ Associateships/ Scientists will be paid by the concerned institution by utilizing the project grant.
Note:The scales of pay, service benefits, terms and conditions, etc for appointment are subject to revision from time to time by the Department of Space/Government of India.