Proposal Submission Procedure
An individual or group(s) of scientists / faculty members affiliated to any academic institution/autonomous R&D institutions may submit proposals. Faculty of STCs and RAC-S established at various IITs/NITs; IISc and SPPU can select and generate proposals from SCL Research Areas-2021 document. Faculty of the academic institutions/R&D labs other than STCs and RAC-S can select and generate proposals from Respond Basket. The Principal Investigator(s) should be full-time employee(s) of the concerned institution. The age limit for the Principal Investigator should be below 65 years (sixty five) including the project period. The Head of the academic institution must forward proposals with application for research grants. Proposals from individuals not affiliated to any recognized institution will not be considered.
Each proposal must name a Principal Investigator who is a domain expert in the area to which the proposal belongs and who is a full time employee/faculty of the institution forwarding the application. There may also be co-investigator(s) from the same/different institutions working on the project. But satisfactory completion of a project will be the responsibility of the Principal Investigator and her/his institution. Each proposal should provide the following information:
- Detailed bio-data of all the investigators (Age also to be indicated) including publications/awards & recognition received.
- Contact details: address, email id, telephone/fax numbers of investigators and head of the institution forwarding the proposal.
- Brief description of the research proposed including the objectives and the scientific/application merits of the work.
- Description of the research methodology or technique to be used for the proposed projected.
- The extent of financial support needed from ISRO for executing the work within the shortest possible time.
- A list of research projects related to the proposal undertaken or carried out through funding by other Agencies.
- Name and address of the Scientist/Engineer of ISRO with whom the PI had co-ordinated.
Two copies of the proposal on standard A4 size paper (297mm X 210mm) should be prepared in the format. Please note that all the Forms - "Form-A", "Form-B", "Form-C" and the "Application for Grant of Funds" needs to be filled appropriately. (Fillable PDF Forms can be downloaded from 'Download Forms' Section)
One hard copy and a soft copy of the proposal in the areas of Semiconductors and MEMS should be sent to following address :
Sector - 72,
SAS Nagar 160071 (Near Chandigarh)
e-mail : email@example.com
One hard copy and a soft copy of the proposal must be sent to:
Capacity Building Programme Office (CBPO),
ISRO Head Quarters,
Department of Space,
New BEL Road,
Bangalore - 560 094
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Proposals will be evaluated by domain experts (internal and/or external) for its novelty, usefulness to Indian Space Programme and other Scientific/ technical merits. The proposal may call for changes based on review and the PI will have to re-submit the proposal incorporating the recommended changes. Proposers are informed about the outcome of the evaluation of their research proposals.